ABOUT OUR SITE.
Welcome to Maeok.com. The site offers a centralized marketplace operated by Maeok.com. Maeok strives to make the placement of fashion merchandise in boutiques quick and effective.
The words “You,” “User” or “Member,” as used herein, refer to all individuals and/or entities accessing or using the Website for any reason. The term “Your Content” or “User Content,” as used herein, shall mean information that You submit, publish or display on any website provided by Maeok.com.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (“Content”), are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not Maeok are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Website Service. Maeok does not control the Content posted via the Website and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Website Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Maeok be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Website Service.
You may not use Maeok for activities that:
1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation of the countries/ territories involved.
2. relate to the sale of, facilitate, encourage or transfer of drugs, controlled substances, alcohol, weapons, narcotics & illegal activities. Sell medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs, gambling, tobacco or items/ services that can injure a person.
3. relate to transactions that disclose the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, support pyramid or ponzi schemes, multi-level or affiliate marketing, matrix programs, & other “get rich quick” schemes. Items associated with the lottery, annuities, recurring payments, lay away plans, off shore, modification loans, traveler’s checks, check cashing, credit repair, debt relief, any activities that require a license that you do not carry or involve sales that have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
4. Infringe upon the intellectual, trademark, copyright, patent, property of another.
5. Harm a minor.
6. Sell items that promote religious intolerance. Promote hate, violence or discrimination. Cause annoyance or needless anxiety.
7. Cause a strain on Maeok’s internal infrastructure, such as using the site for storage and scraping.
8. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the website, including without limitation, the following activities:
(a) accessing data not intended for You or logging into a server or account that You are not authorized to access;
(b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(c) attempting to interfere with service to any User or Member, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Website, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or
(d) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. Maeok will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting Users or Members who are involved in such violations.
Breaching these prohibited activities would constitute a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Maeok.com, in compliance with any enforceable law or public order, will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them.
1) not to post products without images, not to post products with low quality images.
2) to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, a low consumer complaint level so that you do not harm the Maeok community at large.
3) to accurately maintain items relating to your store, for example inventories, shipping, remove products that are no longer available for sale, etc. To keep your account information up to date. To provide a high quality of merchandise to your buyers if you are a seller.
4) not to share your activation code or passwords. You will be responsible for activity resulting from your failure to protect your password.
5) not to sell second hand, used items on Maeok. Not to resell items of other designers. That you are the designer or designated representative of the designer for every item listed for sale.
6) not to repost items to bump their visibility in rankings. Frequent reposting breaks URLs, hurts backlinks to your items and creates site crawl errors. Reposting solely to manipulate rankings will be grounds for termination without notice.
7) not to represent yourself as Maeok or use the Maeok name, logo without the written permission of Maeok.
Maeok will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer program(s), data or other proprietary material due to your use of this Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Memberships- Independent Retailers, Boutique Buyers and Stockists:
Memberships are complimentary for commercial buyers. Maeok.com reserves the right to refuse service or cancel your membership and revoke access for any reason we deem appropriate. You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access. Stockists are responsible for maintaining their profiles, and keeping their shipping information up to date on Maeok.
Subscriptions and refunds- Designer Brands:
Approved designer brands are given a complimentary access to set up their stores. Brands can upgrade and and publish to stockists’ search results. Current pricing is published here: http://maeok.com/pricing/. Due to the nature of the service Maeok will not issue refunds for canceled subscriptions. Please take note that all subscriptions will be automatically renewed at the end of your subscription period. If you wish to cancel your subscription (i.e. you would not like to extend it with a similar extension to your existing one), then you need to visit your Maeok admin panel under my account or contact Maeok via http://maeok.com/contact and cancel the subscription at least 48 hours before your next scheduled subscription payment. No exceptions will be made in this regard and if your subscription payment is automatically renewed, we will assume that you have done so with your express permission. No refunds whatsoever will be given for scheduled subscription payments, except in the case it is due to billing errors caused by Maeok. You may also view your current payment plan, method, and next payment date on your subscription page. We reserve the right to refuse service or cancel your subscription and revoke membership access without a refund, as allowed by law, for violations to the Prohibited Activities listed above. You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access.
Subscriptions and refunds- Brand Ambassadors:
Maeok.com is a membership subscription based site. Due to the nature of the service Maeok will not issue refunds for canceled subscriptions. Please take note that all subscriptions will be automatically renewed at the end of your subscription period. If you wish to cancel your subscription (i.e. you would not like to extend it with a similar extension to your existing one), then you need to
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Click My money.
- Click Update beside ‘My pre-approved payments.’
- Click the name of the subscription you wish to cancel.
- Click Cancel.
or contact Maeok via http://maeok.com/contact and cancel the subscription at least 48 hours before your next scheduled subscription payment. No exceptions will be made in this regard and if your subscription payment is automatically renewed, we will assume that you have done so with your express permission. No refunds whatsoever will be given for scheduled subscription payments, except in the case it is due to billing errors caused by Maeok. You may also view your current payment plan, method, and next payment date on your subscription page. We reserve the right to refuse service or cancel your subscription and revoke membership access without a refund, as allowed by law, for violations to the Prohibited Activities listed above. You may not resell, share, or publish subscription credentials or access.
Maeok is not directly involved in the transactions between buyers and sellers. Maeok cannot pre-screen or monitor the activities of users. Maeok cannot ensure that buyers or sellers will complete transactions. You use Maeok at your own risk. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Maeok. Maeok reserves the right to cancel service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.
Maeok cannot guarantee continuous uninterrupted access to the site. Factors outside of Maeok’s control might occur. Maeok will make best efforts to resume service immediately.
License & Ownership:
Maeok does not own your Content. You grant Maeok a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and data rights you have in the Content, in any existing or not currently known media format, with respect to your content. You agree to let Maeok store or re-format your content on Maeok for display and sales purposes.
Sales are binding:
The buyer must deliver acceptable payment for the item(s) purchased. The seller must deliver the promised item promptly.
Maeok may terminate your account and elect to not refund money if you are found to be in violation of this agreement.
If you use paypal as a payment gateway you agree to read and use the PayPal Buyer Protection and PayPal Seller Protection where applicable and to use the PayPal dispute resolution process. If you use Stripe you agree to similarly comply with their processes. If Maeok adds more payment gateway(s) you agree to use their respective payment and dispute resolution process(es). Maeok has no obligation to resolve disputes. Should you have a dispute or several disputes with a site user or 3rd party you release Maeok, its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, investors, independent contractors and employees from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute(s).
Disputes, Arbitration & Time Limit:
In the event that a dispute arises between you and Maeok please contact Maeok. Should the need arise, both you and Maeok agree to arbitration in Miami-Dade county, Florida, USA. Disputes regarding this agreement must commence within 1 year of which the cause of action arose otherwise the cause of action can no longer be disputed and is barred.
The designer is responsible for the burden of costs associated with product safety recalls mandated by governmental agencies.
Maeok will not sell or disclose your private information to third parties without your written consent.
Maeok offers a service for invited designers to sell their collections. You may cancel at any time.
You will comply with the tax requirements of national, international, state, city, province etc regarding the sale/ purchase of items on Maeok. Maeok does not issue tax reporting documents.
Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Maeok respects the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of others and requests that the people who use its services do the same. If you believe your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may provide a notice to our copyright agent. In your notice, please provide the following information in writing:
- the electronic or physical signature of the rights holder in the copyright or the person authorized to act on behalf of that person;
- identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- an identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Maeok.com to locate the material (for example, by providing a hyperlink to the material); or, if applicable, identification of the reference or link to material or activity claimed to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Maeok.com to locate the reference or link;
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright rights holder, its agent, or the law; and
- a written statement that the information in your notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury, that you are the rights holder or are authorized to act on the behalf of the rights holder.
Our designated agent to receive notification of claimed infringement can be reached at Attn:
Termination for Violation of Policy
It is our policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances an Account or the access rights of a subscriber for repeated copyright infringement, and we also reserve the right to terminate a subscriber for even one instance of infringement. While an instance is being investigated the disputed content will be removed from access. Memberships that are revoked due to copyright, trademark, servicemark or intellectual infringement and items as listed in Prohibited Activities will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Disclosure of Information related to Policy
Maeok.com may access, preserve and disclose to third parties any of your information or data (including personally identifiable information and private communications) related to a written complaint of copyright infringement if Maeok.com believes in its sole discretion that such access, preservation, or disclosure is necessary or useful to respond to or otherwise address such complaint.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
ALL OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING TEXT, GRAPHICS, INFORMATION, LINKS OR OTHER ITEMS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY FOR INFORMATION, DATA, DATA PROCESSING SERVICES, UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MAEOK MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE SERVICES OR INFORMATION PROVIDED THEREIN IN TERMS OF ITS AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, CORRECTNESS, PRECISION, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, THOROUGHNESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
MAEOK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN, AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IMPLIED, EXPRESSED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND FREEDOM FROM DEFECT, COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER ERROR, IS GIVEN IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OF THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY MAEOK. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICES THEREON WILL MEET USERS’ REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT TRANSFER OWNERSHIP OF ITEMS FROM SELLER TO BUYER. WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF MONEY, REPUTATION, GOODWILL, OR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT ARISE INDIRECTLY OR DIRECTLY OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, SERVICES OR TOOLS.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you paid to us in the 6 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, and (B) $100.